Wednesday, June 27, 2012



Well this week has been crazy!!!! I got my flight plan!!!
I am leaving on july 3rd.

Delta Air lines, Flight 909, LV:Salt Lake City, UT at 8:36 AM. AR: Los Angeles, CA.
Delta Air lines, Flight 283, LV: Los Angeles, CA at 1:00 PM. AR: Tokyo Narita, Japan at 4:25 PM July 4th.
Delta Air lines, Flight 96,  LV :Tokyo Narita, Japan at 6:55 PM.  AR: Guam, Guam at 11:40 PM on July 4th.

I have to leave the MTC at 5 in the morning. I am not so excited about that. It is weird because it will take almost a full day going out there. I guess that means my birthday will be on the 25th instead. Ha ha.
I hope that will let you track my flight, dad.


Thanks dad for the packages. I got the Greeny package, the brownies, the big box of candy, and the one with sparkling cider. I really aprieciated it.

Well when I got my travel plan I was very excited to go. It is getting much closer. I have learned so much on how to teach better. I love going to class and learn form Brother Austin and Sister Hoopes. They are great teachers. I can tell there is a big differnece from the way that I was teaching in the beginning to how I am teaching now. Last Wednesday, 16 new english speaking missionaries came in. That is a lot because there was only 8 my week, and only 5 this week. In Zone Teaching, it is my turn to to each instead of being taught. Because there were so many new missionaries, I have to teach by myself and teach two different lessons. It was so crazy at first. I do not like teaching by myself. It is so much better to teach with someone else. Anyways, I just committed both of them to be baptized. I only have one more lesson with them. I was pretty excited about that. It is hard to prepare two lessons by yourself. It is good practice for the mission field, though.

I got to go too the temple, for the last time for two years, today. I love to go too the temple even if I have the 6:30am session. It was great to just be in there one more time. I love the spirit that you can feel in the temple.

Yesterday, ten of the twelve apostles came to a devotional. It was crazy. There was Elder Perry, Elder Holland, Elder Ballard, Elder Nelson, Elder Scott, Elder Christofferson, Elder Anderson, Elder Bednar, Elder Cook, and Elder Oaks. It was absolutely amazing to have them all come in. I was so suprised that that many of the Apostles came to the devotional. Elder L. Tom Perry talked. It was interesting. It was mostly facts about how the church helps people. For example, LDS women live for five years longer than other women, and LDS men live ten years longer than other man. His whole talk was stats like that. I don't know why that is what he talked about, but maybe I will use some of them on my mission. It reconfermed my testimony of there being latter day prophets on the earth. It was great. On their way out of the devotional room Elder Scott waved to us and gave us a thumbs up and Elder Holland blew us a kiss. It was awesome. I loved it so much.

I love you all so very much. I miss you all too. I am getting very excited about leaving.
Did you all get my letters??? I hope so.

Oh mom, I was wondering if you could order a microfiber towel from missionarymall.org for me. I would really apprieciate it. The one I have is too small. They have full size towels there though. That would be great. You might have to send it to Guam though. Because Monday is the last day I can pick up mail.

LOVE YOU ALL LOTS

Elder John Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment