Saturday, January 19, 2013

Letter from Elder Meyer: Zone Conference, 2012 was a great year.


Hello Everyone. From what I read, sounds like everyone is doing super well. I am glad to here that.

Well, President Mecham came to Yap on Sunday early morning and is leaving late tonight. The flights on Yap are not very good. President Mecham came for a zone conference. It was really nice. And that is why I didn't email yesterday, sorry about that. Anyways, Elder Nelson gave training and so did President Mecham. Elder Nelson brought in A*gistine and C*rmen to talk about what their experience was with the missionaries. They said that we did a good job. So that was good.



They also bore their testimony after. Now that is when I could feel the Spirit so strong. Hearing a recent converts testimony is the next best thing to seeing them baptized or baptizing someone. It was great. The Spirit was very strong and we could all feel it.

We then talked about how to begin teaching. We did a role play where you act out what you would say in a real situation. A*gistine and C*rmen helped out. We "taught" them again. It was pretty good. I think it was weird for them at first, but they were good sports about it.




President Mecham said that there were 396 people who were baptized in this mission in the year 2012. That is 147 more people than last year. Our goal for total people to be baptized in 2013 is 500. Our goal for Yap was 25, but President Mecham bumped it up to 29, so we have got our worked cut out for us. We already have one for the year and a couple more planned. There have also already been 22 baptisms across the mission this year. So we are off to a good start. President Mecham is great. He is very enthusiastic about the work. He is a great mission president.



Dad
Well sounds like your job is pretty crazy.  I am glad that you and Reed have time to go skiing and that you guys have a lot of time to talk to each other. I do wish, however, that we would have gotten back into this whole skiing thing a little bit earlier. So you are still going to the ward conferences. Those should be fun. But you are probably just busier now.

Question 1: 
I wonder if you’ve been blessed by some of those whom you personally did temple work for?  Has this been something that has come to your mind for consideration?

Answer: It actually has not crossed my mind. But now that you have me thinking about it, it would not surprise me whatsoever if the people I did temple work for are involved in the process here. Maybe my ancestors that I did work for are teaching the ancestors of the people that I have baptized. Now that would be awesome.

Question 2:
Have you ever been hurt, say on a prep-day?

Answer: I can't remember ever being hurt on prep-day. I may have, but I do not remember. Which is good, because I have climbed on some sketchy stuff? Like the old boats that are just in the bay. They are rusty and hard to get on to, but nothing has happened to me. Actually that is about all the stuff I have really climbed on. Oh and an old lighthouse. But that was no big deal.

Question 3:
Do the new members get opportunities to serve?

Answer: They should be given a calling. I believe it was Thomas S Monson who said that every new member deserves a calling in the ward. So if you guys could help with that in Chico, do it. They DESERVE it. But here, things are a little bit slow, so we are working on them getting callings. Ann*e should be getting a calling to work in Young Women’s soon.

Question 4:
Speaking of serving, in addition the teaching experiences you’ve had, are there chances to do additional service for people?

Answer: Well, we offer everyone service. Most people say no, we do however have a couple projects that we might be able to help with sometime. Like fixing roofs.
Love ya



Mom

Sounds like it has been cold there. It has been nice here today and yesterday. No rain right now. Missionary work stops when members stop helping. Members help in here in Colonia. So, if you know someone or think that someone might be a little bit interested, open your mouth, talk to them, be bold and get the missionaries involved. Here is a fact for you guys. Of the 14 people that have been baptized since I have been here, 13 of them were from member’s friends and family and them coming to teach with us. 1 of them was from our finding efforts. From finding efforts, there are a lot of people that we talked to that don't go anywhere. Missionary work is better with members.

Question 5:
Has your companion gone home?  What's the plan after he goes home?

Answer: He goes home January 30. He is not sure what he wants to do. But something with being a fireman, I think. Maybe in air force, maybe not.


Question 6:
How is the finding going?

Answer: Nothing has happened that is great. We are trying, but members work better.


Question 7:
What package did you get last?  What was in it?

Answer: The one with the salami and gold fish, yumm


Staheli

It was great to hear from you this week. I loved talking to you at Christmas too. So, you are getting better at skiing. About time. Haha I am just joking. I am glad that you are getting to enjoy the snow so much. Maybe by the time I get home you will be able to do back flips on the skis. It is crazy to have been out over six months. It sure has gone fast. I really only feel like I have been here a couple of months. I love you

Reed
How are you doing? So are you skiing or snowboarding? Either way, have fun. Love you man


Grandma

Thanks for the letters. I love them so much. I am going to write back very soon. You are a wonderful grand ma. Love you 



Well, I am out of time. 
I love you guys so so much


Love Elder Meyer



No comments:

Post a Comment