Monday, February 4, 2013

Letter from Elder Meyer: Normal week


Hey Everyone

Not too much is new for me this week either. Things are pretty much the same.

Dad - So you are not a international spy. I am sad to hear that actually. Ha ha. I will have to let the elders know. Sounds like you guys had some fun. Skiing sounds really fun right now. It is pretty hot here. Although I am positive that I would turn into a Popsicle if I went in the snow now. Around 70 degrees is a little bit cold for me know. Crazy right? I hope you guys are doing enough skiing for me!

Question 1: For those 15+ that recently were baptized, did they already have a good understanding of Christ? I’m curious what foundational knowledge they had prior to being taught the fullness of the gospel.

Answer: Some of them do. Most of them say that they were Catholic, usually because their parents were. Others, like C*rmen, was very very active in the SDA church. So she already understood a lot. It really depends on the person. I would say that most everyone, if not everyone, has at least heard of Christ.

Question 2: Any more plans for people to travel to the temple?

Answer: Not yet. Elder Garrett is going to plan one more before he leaves at the end of the year. Most of my recent converts will go on that if all goes as planned.


Question 3: I know the island is small, but have you seen anything new or interesting recently that you haven’t seen already?

Answer: No not really. I have pretty much seen everything cool on yap. There is one more place that I am trying to go to. It is Rumung. It is the most northern island and even Yapese people are not allowed to go there if not from Rumung. I am trying to get someone from there to take us. That will be cool.

Question 4: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received from President Mecham to date?

Answer: The more you teach, the more you baptize.


Mom - Oh man 28. That would be so so cold. I am glad that I am not home where it is that cold. It is so much warmer here on yap.

Question 5:  Did you get any packages - what was in it?

Answer: The one with all the Christmas cards from people in the ward. It was really nice, thank you.


Question 6: Do the youth ever sing in sacrament meeting?

Answer: Nope, the missionaries sang at district conference one time. And they all clapped afterwards.


Question 7: What is your favorite thing to do on Yap?

Answer: Baptize people.


Question 8: Describe an interaction you had with the youth this week.

Answer: Went to Seminary. There are about 10 people who are normally there from 12 - 19 years old. Some times we just go there and help out.


Question 9: You never described the ocean baptism - can you talk about it a little? Did you go in the water?

Answer: I was not able to go into water then. It was really high tide, so they were close enough to the shore were we could still see for witnesses. It was in a really nice spot. We had the talks about baptism and Holy Ghost in the koeyaang. C*rmen gave a talk. She did a really good job. It started raining just a little bit right towards the end of the baptism. But besides that, it was a really nice day. There was a rainbow there too.



Question 10: Who are you teaching?

Answer: L*nda. She is supposed to be baptized on Saturday. She is doing really good. We just need to meet with her more often. She also needs to be legally married before she can be baptized. So we are going to work on that as well. We are also teaching L*o. He doesn't care about God right now. He said that he would be baptized if he knew the Book of Mormon was true, so that is good.


Question 11: What teaching aids would be beneficial to you?

Answer: I think that those videos will be great.


Staheli - I have got a question for you, Staheli. For your lava lava, I need 2 more colors. They will just be little stripes.  It will not be the main colors.  And also for K*te. I am wearing the wolf pack shirt right now actually. Thank you for it.

Reed - How are things going? School is back. How is that? Hope everything is going well.



To Everyone

Well that is pretty much it that has happened. Sorry it is not very long this week. Nothing new has happened. We are still looking for new people to teach.

Love you all so so much. You are the best family in the world.

Love,
Elder Meyer

The amount of planners Elder Nelson has vs what Elder Meyer still has left.

No comments:

Post a Comment