Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Letter from Elder Meyer: What taste like “fishy beef (Q3)? Plane trouble. Can’t believe coming home, it hasn’t hit him yet.

Hello everyone


Dad


I am so glad that you love your calling. I was talking to the branch president on Yap before, and he said the same thing. That he loves to help the people, and is doing his best to do what the Lord wants him to do. Sounds like the missionary committee is getting bigger, that is really awesome.  Going to Israel later this summer sounds awesome. I think that would be really awesome. I would really enjoy doing that. Is it possible that we, or I, could stop on Yap, on the way back to the states!!??? Cause that would be pretty awesome as well. I think you guys picking me up in San Fran airport, rather than Chico, is fine.


Question 1:  What did you basically say during your testimony at the mission home?

Answer:  I guess I just shared what I know to be true. That Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. We have a prophet; you know the usual stuff, I guess. One thing I talked a lot about was how important it is to love the people you are serving. I have such a strong love for the people of Yap, and I know that that is sooo important when serving a mission, you just have to love the people that you are serving. 



Question 2: What are you hoping to get accomplished in the next 2 weeks before you come home?

Answer: I am hoping we baptize 4 people in my area before I go home. That is my plan. Also, to just strengthen the members here.


Question 3: Have you eaten any turtle?   Answer:  Yep. It is really really good. It is like a fishy beef taste, if that makes sense.





Question 4: Have you met anyone on the island that we might consider wealthy?    Answer: Yes, he is an American; he is in charge of local hotel. That is it though.


Question 5: Did you have a lesson that went especially good this week, could you describe it? 

Answer: I would say the lesson with D*llion. He is going to be baptized on Saturday. We taught the ten commandments. And the way he was talking about everything, was that he believed in God. The first time we met him, he did not believe, but now the way he talks, he just does.


Question 6: Of all the beautiful scenery, what have you seen that is the most beautiful?

Answer: I would say the ocean. Looking at the sun set on the ocean, with coconut trees, and a man house. Wow that is nice.







Mom


The picture was of me bearing my testimony because it was my last Zone leader council in Guam so everyone who is leaving soon gets to share their testimony. I have been on Guam since Wednesday morning and am so excited to go back. I can't wait. We leave tomorrow night around 11 pm.  Also, in case the next box arrives after I leave, I will ask the other missionaries to give the scriptures to them.


Question 7:  Do you know anyone who had gotten their patriarchal blessing? Which tribe are they from?

Answer: Everyone I know from Yap, that got their patriarchal blessing, is from the tribe of Manasseh. Elder Waimila just got his this week, and he is from Ephriam. 


Question 8: Describe a scene that brought a big smile to your face?

Answer: Just getting back together with everyone I was in the Mission Training Center with; 2 years ago. It was really fun to see them all again, and to be able to talk about our missions together. So that was awesome. Also Sister David was on Yap, and got sent to Guam, and we saw her. It was really fun. She was really excited to see us. I think she really misses Yap.


Question 9: What is something that happened this week that made your just really laugh this week?

Answer: Umm... We did a choir practice for the youth. They were all really really shy to sing, and didn't sing, so it was pretty much the missionaries singing. It was pretty funny.


Question 10: How many people were at church this week?  Answer: There  were around 70 people… it was pretty good. We had 6 investigators there too. It was awesome.




Letter to Everyone


Alright, honestly there is not a whole lot to say because I have been here on Guam for a week. But we were looking at 6 people to be baptized by the time that I leave, but the number dropped a little bit because some didn't go to church. But it is still good. We had 2 baptisms on Yap on Saturday and they were both confirmed, but I was not on the island to see them, so that was a little bit sad. It is okay though. All went well. I am excited to go back and to see them and to talk to them. I will have to get some pictures of them so I can have them with me. So that is two that could be baptized. Um… J*stin and Tr*cy are the ones that were baptized, I was so excited for them.  The other ones we are looking at are also really awesome

Here on Guam, on Saturday, there were 5 baptisms in the Barriguda ward. It was really cool, and a little tender mercy from the Lord. Of the five baptisms, there were 2 of them that were Yapese. It was crazy. There are very few Yapese on the island of Guam, and to have 2 baptized who came from Yap, at the same time we had 2 baptized on the actual island of Yap… this was just awesome to me. It helped me feel like everything is going to work out the way it needs to. The Lord is in this work, and he is in charge. We just need to be ready to listen and to do what he says, no matter what.

Following week’s letter:

Alright so we came back from Guam on Wednesday morning around 4:30am. It was not fun. We are on the plane, and I fall asleep, I wake up, and we are getting ready to land. I ask Elder Waimila if we are on Yap and he said no, we are on Guam again. I was like, “what?” I look out the window, and there are a ton of lights… way too many to be Yap, I ask what is wrong. He said something is wrong with the plane, so we all get off the plane and wait in the airport. I thought we would be stuck there for until Saturday. But it got fixed, and we made it back. When we got back, everything was really slow. Nobody was home, we could not find our investigators, being gone for an entire week was not good. It really hurt our area. But now that we are back things are going strong again. Saturday and Sunday were good days, we had lots of lessons, and things went well. We should have 4 baptisms before I leave Yap. So that is going to be really great. The APs flew in on Sunday morning, so that was good. They are here now. They are really good missionaries. We take them back to the airport tomorrow night. We have not had that much sleep this week. I am really excited about Yap and my area. It is going really really good.

D*llion is doing great. I told you about him earlier, he is awesome. I really love teaching him. He should be baptized on Saturday.

M*lisa  is ready for baptism as well. We are really excited for her too. She will be baptized on Saturday as well. She is so excited to be baptized. She wants to be baptized today, but we said Saturday would be better.

R*na - she is a girl that we have been teaching for a little while. She has come to church 3 times, and  really wants to be baptized. We have had a lot of good lessons with her just recently, and she said she wants to be baptized with M*lisa, so that is what we are going to do. So that is three.

Al*kita should be baptized on the 18th, my last day on the island. She is really good. She just didn't go to church enough times. We had to reschedule her baptism date. Elder Waimila said the 18th, I liked that because I would still be here. Normally the baptisms are on Saturday, but she wants to do it on Wednesday.

Well that is about what is going on here. I sure do love it here. I don't even feel like I am going home soon. It still feels forever away. It is going to hit me one day soon. Probably when I am on the plane, but as of now, I just don't feel like I am leaving Yap.

I love the people here so much. I love serving them. I love this gospel. 

I love you all so so much
You are the best family every

Love
Elder Meyer




No comments:

Post a Comment