Sunday, March 24, 2013

Letter from Elder Meyer: Tough week, Spending time Finding, Preparing SPAM for dinner


Hello Everyone



We got two Packages today. Thank you so so much. Elder Ramiterre and Elder Tueller were both very grateful. There was lots of wonderful snacks. We are all very grateful.

Dad - Sounds like church today was pretty good. You ordained Reed to a Priest, which is really cool. I ordained a boy here to a Teacher a month ago or so. I did get the email about the quads for the scriptures. I will compile a list of members here who I think will use the quads a lot. I will tell you next week. Thank you for doing this. I know that many of them will appreciate it.

Mom - Tell Travis congrats. I know that he will love his mission. Before you know it, Reed will be on a mission and I will be home.

Question 1: Of course I want a package update. Any packages since last week?
Answer: We got two. One for me and one for Ramiterre and Tueller. Thank you so so so much.

Question 2: Do you use scripture masteries when you teach?
Answer: Yes. I do. Tell all the seminary teachers that it is more important to know what the scriptures are about and where they are. Having them memorized is not really much needed. You always have your scriptures with you on a mission.

Question 3: Do you use object lessons when you teach? Do you need any teaching aids?
Answer: Yes we do pretty often. I have learned some good ones. They are hard to explain over an email though.

Question 4: What kinds of fruits have you tried?
Answer: Nothing new so far. Same old stuff.

Cutting SPAM with a machete



Question 5: Are you spending much time finding?
Answer: Yes we are. It is not working out so well. It is much more effective to work with members

Finding


Question 6: Tell about an experience where you felt the Spirit?
Answer: We were talking to a recent convert about living prophets today. Thomas S Monson. I got to share my testimony of it. You may not know this but when President Hinckley died. It kind of shook my faith. He was the only Prophet I really knew and then when I sustained President Monson as the prophet, I could just feel that it was right. It was a great to share that.

Question 7: Do you have any suggestions for someone preparing for a mission?
Answer: Of course.
a)      Read and know the Book of Mormon extremely well.
b)      Study from Preach My Gospel
c)       Well, this is once you are in the mission field but it is good. Gain the trust of the members. They are the ones that keep missionary work going.

Staheli - Hope things are going well. Hope school and work is still great.

Reed - Happy birthday man. That is so cool that you got to be ordained to the Office of a Priest. And you got a sweet guitar. That is really cool.  Hope things are going well.


To Everyone


This week has been alright, I guess. It has been a little hard. We have had a really hard time meeting with our investigators. It has been really tough. I have not been very happy that we have not been able to meet with them. At this point, I am not sure if they will be baptized this month or not. We have a lot of investigators and we still have a lot of things to teach them. We will see what happens. I have a hope that some of them will be baptized this week, but I don't think that all of them will be. On the bright side, we had a lot of time to see all of our recent converts. So that was good.

When you are not teaching new people on a mission you are not so happy. So it has been a little bit tough. We have high hopes for this week though. I am going to try even harder to make sure that we meet with them. Not too much is new. I think that is about it.

I love you guys so so much. You are the best family in the world.
Love, Elder Meyer


No comments:

Post a Comment